What is Flippa.com?
Flippa is an online business where you can sell your website on Flippa, in other words it is the platform built for buying and selling of domain names, existing websites and mobile apps. They are quite large with over 800,000 registered users.
You can place any domain name that you own on Flippa for others to view and purchase. You can also purchase domains there. Flippa offers additional paid services to help promote the sale of your domain like Auctions or a Buy It Now options, and much more.
Who Can Sell Website on Flippa?
People who like to develop websites.
Skills Required To Promote Website on Flippa –
In-depth knowledge of WordPress platform and website creation. If you are beginner you can refer my Step by Step Blogging Guide.
Time Required For Creating A Website –
Depends on the expertise of the developer in website creation. While the timeline to build a website is different for every project,The second thing it depends upon is the tool you will be using to create the web site.
In actual the time it takes to build an app or website can range from weeks to months depending on complexity.
You can use Step by Step Blogging Guide as an additional tool.
5 Tips on How To Sell Website on Flippa –
1. Choose a topic you are passionate about. You need to be passionate about the subject your website focuses on.
If you launch a website about something that you don’t care about, you will lose interest very quickly and inevitably stop working on it.
2. Think about your long-term business model. To make your website successful you should do a lot of research beforehand. Try to find the answers to the following questions:
• Who are your direct competitors?
• How do your competitors make money?
• How will your website make money?
• How can you make your website stand out from others?
• How long will it take to monetize your website?
3. Choose a domain name that is relevant to your topic and appeal to your target audience.
A good domain name is an essential part of branding your blog. Choose .COM as your domain extension because it looks more professional.
4. Choose a reliable paid host like Hostgator, Bluehost or anyone that might suit your needs.
5. You need make your website’s design and layout look very professional.
Believe it or not but first-time visitors will make a judgement about your website within first 10 seconds of loading, so you need to make sure that your website’s design appeals to them and they like it.
How To Make Money from your Website?
There are several methods through which you can monetize your website, where my favorite methods are mentioned below;
- Register your website on flippa.com. Flippa works on bidding model, the highest bidder gets the ownership of the website.
- Set the bid price of your website 15 times greater than the current monthly income of your site. For e.g. If your site is earning $500 per month then you can set the basic selling bid price of your site to at least $7500.
- Start the auction and wait for bids. People will start bidding for purchasing your site. Once you receive the bid that satisfies your target selling price, then finalize the deal with the bidder.
- Flippa.com will manage all the payment and other technical stuff for you and you’ll receive your commissions via your selected payment method.
- If you don’t want to sell your website on Flippa, then try to bring traffic where you can promote your content or product and monetize :
1. Email marketing
2. Sell advertising space
3. Create a job board
4. Sell a service
5. Review products and then sell them as an affiliate
6. Promote products as an affiliate
7. Create your own digital product (ebook, course, videos) and sell it
8. Sell directly listings
9. Host a webinar and then sell something to the audience
10. Write “how-to” guides and promote something
11. Publish a book
12. Offer live training or a workshop